Kedarkantha Trek is a classic trek. The trek provides a great opportunity for trekkers to see the scenic beauty and experience the life of remote villages of Garhwal Himalayas. Kedarkantha Trek lies in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The drive to Sankri (From where the Kedarkantha trek starts) is one of the most picturesque drives in the Himalayas through Mussoorie, Purola, Mori, Netwar, Motwat along the Tons River Kedarkantha trek is one the easiest treks in the Himalayas to enjoy thick snow cover. The Kedarkantha trek campsite is great for birding and surrounded by beautiful snow peaks.
What is included in the tour
- All veg meals from day 1st dinner to day 5th lunch.
- 3 Nights tented accommodation during trek on sharing basis.
- 1 Night in Guest House / Hotel / Home stay on sharing basis in Sankri
- All necessary fees and permits ( For Indian )
- Basic First Aid Medical Kit with Oxi Meter and Oxygen cylinder.
- Qualified and experienced Trek leader and support staff.
- Morning - Evening Tea / Coffee with light snacks.
- All camping logistics.
- Surface Transfer from Dehradun – Sankri – Dehradun.
- All Taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any expenses of personal nature and expenses incurred due to natural reasons.
- Meals during transit.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
- Permit (Non-Indian).
Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (6,450 ft, 8 hrs)
We will arrange the transport and they will meet you at Dehradun railway station to pick you for long but scenic drive Sankri via Mussoorie, Purola, Mori, Netwar along the Tons River. On arrival set out camp for overnight stay.
Day 2: Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab (9,000 ft, 4 hrs)
After morning exercise we will have our breakfast and start the trek around 8 AM for our next camp Juda Ka Talab. We will camp beside the small pond surrounded by Pine and Oak trees. One can have beautiful views of snow clad peaks from Juda Ka Talab campsite.
Day 3: Trek from Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base (10,600 ft, 4 hrs)
Get up early morning to see the golden glow of snow clad peaks. Post breakfast start the trek to Kedarkantha Peak base which takes around 4 hrs to reach Kedarkantha Peak base. Enjoy hot lunch and explore the area.
Day 4: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak and back to Kedarkantha Base (12,500 ft, 7-8 hrs)
Today is a long day trek up to the summit of Kedarkantha peak, have your lunch with amazing views of snow clad peaks of Yamunotri and Gangotri ranges. After spending some quality time at the peak we trek back to nearby camping site at the Kedarkantha Base.
Day 5: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri (4-5 hrs) and drive back to Dehradun
Trek down from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri via Hargaon on well marked trail by stones. Trek down through thick forest of Pine and Maple trees and at some places you will have open views of beautiful Har Ki Dun valley. Drive back to Dehradun to catch your train to Delhi with kaleidoscopic memories of the Kedarkantha Trek